Careers and Job Opportunities at Trust Women and Trust South Wind Women’s Center
Are you interested in job opportunities at the Trust Women Foundation, a leading pro-choice and reproductive justice organization based in Wichita, Kansas, or our South Wind Women’s Center clinics in Wichita, Kansas, or Oklahoma City? Check back here for careers and job postings.
Reproductive Health Physician
Trust Women South Wind Women’s Center is pleased to announce an opening for a reproductive health physician in our Wichita, Kansas, health center.
Trust Women Foundation is a leading pro-choice and reproductive justice foundation based in Wichita, Kansas.
Trust Women opens clinics that provide abortion care in underserved communities so that all women can make their own decisions about their health care. We focus on quality health care and a woman-centered approach when caring for patients.
The position requires travel to Wichita on a consistent basis. Trust Women Foundation will furnish travel and accommodations.
- To provide quality patient care including exams, treatment, education and counseling for patients.
- Provide abortion care up to the legal limit, 21.6 weeks.
- To assist the Medical Director and Administrator in overseeing high quality care to patients.
- Adhere to organization policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
- Perform physical and gynecological examinations for patients, including review of medical history, screening for abnormalities, and performance and interpretation and/or ordering of laboratory tests.
- Provide contraceptives.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Provide medical consultation to clinicians regarding the clinical management of specific patients.
- Provide telephone consultation to clinicians.
- Document patient data accurately and completely in the electronic medical record.
- Evaluate and treat medical problems, ensuring follow-up and appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Educate and counsel patients in reproductive health issues, including LGBTQI patients.
- Treat STIs and provide referrals when necessary.
- Participate in a team approach to patient care and deliver care in a professional and confidential manner.
- Manage emergency situations as they arise, and consult with Medical Director and Administrator as necessary.
- Participate in a regularly scheduled peer review process, as required.
- Attend medical meetings, as required.
- Assist the Medical Director and Administrator in the development of medical policies and protocols.
- Assist the Medical Director and Administrator in overseeing the pharmaceutical and laboratory.
Job Type: Part-time
Trust Women is looking for motivated and dynamic interns to work in Oklahoma, Kansas and online. Read more about the internships and apply here! For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.